Solutions for Seniors, Inc.® was founded in 1997 to help simplify the complex and often difficult process of evaluating community services as well as alternative living arrangements for older loved ones.
Gayle Horton, our owner and founder is a Geriatric Nurse Consultant. She has done extensive work in the area of geriatrics in numerous states over the past thirty years. With her guidance, we are committed to helping seniors find the next chapter in their life.
Solutions For Seniors is an organization committed to helping seniors find the appropriate care and to enjoy life regardless of their age, or their decline in health and independence. We do in-home assessments of older adults living situations and consultations regarding available options for care and appropriate living environments.
Call for an appointment before a crisis!
Our concern is first and foremost for the older loved one. The right decision can make the difference in the adjustment period for both the family and the loved one.
About Gayle Horton
As an experienced Geriatric Nurse, Gayle founded Solutions for Seniors, Inc.® consulting and care management service in 1997. Since that time she has met with over 1,200 families educating them on the multiple issues related to aging, as well as the services and options available in the community. Gayle often speaks publicly regarding issues related to the aging population.
Gayle is the founder of The Journey Remembered DVD's for Alzheimer's and dementia patients. Memory care units around the country are currently using the DVD's, as well as private homes and home care companies to help entertain people with all forms of memory loss.
The Care Management division continues to grow with the help of 5 full-time Registered Nurse Care Managers, and an experienced Certified Physicians Assistant. We are a member of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers.
Gayle is a graduate of the Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital School of Nursing in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and she has done extensive work and study in the field of geriatrics in numerous states over the past thirty years.
In 2011, Gayle received her Dementia Care Provider Qualifications Series Certificate from the University of Alabama.
In 2008, Gayle was chosen as one of North Fulton’s Phenomenal Women of the year by the American Business Women’s Association, North Fulton Chapter.
In 2007 the Greater North Chamber of Commerce selected Gayle as one of the finalist’s for the Small Business Person of the Year
Currently she is serving on the Georgia Initiative for Community Housing and the planning committee for the Aging Services Network, under Senior Services North Fulton. Gayle is an active member of the Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce & a new member of the Cumming-Forsyth County Chamber of Commerce.
She is also a member of the Georgia Senior Living Association formerly the Assisted Living Federation of America.
Gayle is a trained Stephen Ministry Leader, and an Ordained Elder at Roswell Presbyterian Church. Solutions For Seniors, Inc. have also adopted a road under the Keep Roswell Beautiful program.
Gayle believes that you are as young as you think that you are!
We offer years of experience in geriatric care both in hospitals and in home care. We can provide knowledge that will help family members negotiate the health care system and the changes in Medicare reimbursement.
A professional Geriatric Nurse Care Manager…
- Provides a service for older adults and their families as a “Healthcare Navigator” and a “Healthcare Advocate.”
- Monitors medications, manages care plans, evaluates safety issues, provides environmental assessments, and determines the appropriate level of care.
- Assesses an individual’s medical, social and environmental needs, coordinates assistance between paid providers and family members, and makes appropriate referrals.
- NEVER accepts finder’s fees or kickbacks for referrals to Home Care, Personal Care Homes, Assisted Living, or Long Term Care facilities.
- Consults with doctors, specialists, pharmacists, and caregivers regularly to help with continuity of care by improving communication between family members, doctors, and other services.
- Acts as a quality control and cost containment expert by helping to minimize hospital admissions and ER visits.
- Offers a family the necessary assurance that they are doing all they can to help navigate the aging process.